Volunteering at Julie Adams House
You can make a real difference in the lives of the women Julie Adams House serves. Volunteers may choose to work alone or in groups, on a single project or long-term.
You may have a particular talent or skill that will enhance the lives of the women at Julie Adams House. Our director will work with you to determine how to best use your skills, interests and availability. To discuss volunteering, call (216) 741-2871
Ongoing volunteer opportunities include:
- Sharing your personal story of addiction and recovery
- Escorting clients to appointments or Twelve-Step meetings
- Clerical support
- Teaching life style skills (cooking, shopping, budgeting, social skills)
- Helping clients with job searches (computer training, resume writing, interview skills)
- GED tutoring and mentoring
Hands-on projects include:
- Painting bedrooms
- Electrical work
- House repair
Friends of Julie Adams House
Friends of Julie Adams House is an auxiliary group established to provide Julie Adams House supporters with a way to help plan and produce our events, projects, fundraising drives and represent the agency at specific functions.
There are no prerequisite number of meetings to attend or mandatory financial obligation— only one requirement — the desire to see Julie Adams House continue to provide the highest level of service to our participants and to our community.