Giving to JAH
Donations & Volunteering
The Julie Adams House is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency. Because we do not receive government funding, we exist only through the kind and generous donations we receive from the community at large.
No donation is too small. You can help us keep the doors of the Julie Adams House open to women in need and allow us to grow our house! Through your support, we can accomplish our mission of providing an opportunity for any woman who seeks a life of joyful recovery and lasting sobriety.
Please make a tax-deductible donation today!
Read all about the donors who have made the Julie Adams House prosper at Donor Thanks!
Cash donations are always greatly appreciated. They can be made through this PayPal link:
Or, send cash (cheque or other) contributions directly to us at:
Julie Adams House
4770 Broadview Road
We will be happy to send you a receipt for tax purposes. Please contact us to request one.
Thank you for your generous contribution!
Donation of Goods
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Cleaning supplies (dish soap, spray cleansers, window cleaners, mops, rags, etc.)
- Towels, washcloths, soaps (laundry and body)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Food donations (coffee, creamer, sugar, flour, meat, vegetables, fruit, cereal, milk, etc.)
- Add concrete in the backyard
- 22 standard windows
- 25 vinyl mattress covers for 25 twin-size beds. Bed bug resistant.
- Picnic table
- 2 large garbage cans
- Kitchen renovation (Cabinets, flooring, sink fixed / Countertops)
- The fence is completed and water-proofed
- The west side of the building exterior tuck pointed
- All outside lights replaced
- Kitchenette room converted to storage space
- Heat in the phone room
- Redo the back covered patio, replace concrete
- Plastic totes
- HVAC/Plumbing professionals to check out our systems and update as needed
- Sign on the east side of the building
Volunteering at the Julie Adams House
You can make a real difference in the lives of the women at the Julie Adams House. Volunteers may choose to work alone or in groups. Also, they can work on a single project, or offer long-term help.
You may have a particular talent or skill that could help the Julie Adams House. Our director will work with you to determine how to best use your skills, interests and availability. To talk with us about how you can uniquely volunteer, call (216) 741-2871.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Sharing your personal story of addiction and recovery
- Escorting clients to appointments or Twelve-Step meetings
- Clerical support
- Teaching lifestyle skills (cooking, shopping, budgeting, social skills)
- Helping clients with job searches (computer training, resume writing, interview skills)
- GED tutoring and mentoring
Hands-On Projects Include:
- Painting the bedrooms
- Electrical work
- House repair
Friends of the Julie Adams House
“Friends of the Julie Adams House” is a group established for Julie Adams House supporters. They help plan our events, projects, and fundraising drives. They also represent the agency at specific functions.
There is no prerequisite number of meetings you will have to attend. There is no mandatory financial obligation. We only ask because of the desire to see the Julie Adams House continue to provide the highest level of service to our participants and to our community.
If you are interested in volunteering, or if you have any questions, please call us at (216) 741-2871.